I’ve had a lull in mask-making lately so I was able to finally finish the Dear Daughter quilt that I started for my dear daughter in December of 2017. Yes, that’s right, it was a nearly 2 1/2 year project. My quilts have been taking a lot longer to finish since I became a parent. I wonder why.
The quilt has machine piecing, machine applique, hand applique, machine quilting, hand quilting… so it truly is a sampler quilt. It even has a little bit of inking using Tsukineko Inks. The border pattern called for a green background, but I decided to use white instead and it wasn’t until the flowers were completely appliqued onto the top and the quilting had begun that I realized I should have changed the petal color from white. So, I colored them, which was a little nerve-wracking, but thank Heaven, they came out great.
This isn’t the best “After” picture of the quilt, but I’m not sheltering-in-place in the house with my large design wall and photo lights. One must make do. 🙂