Finished sewing my Authentic Self

I have finally finished the top for my “Authentic Self” quilt. Since I was working off the design wall and piecing improvisationally, it ended up taking way longer to piece than I expected. I discovered that (at least for me) improvisational piecing means lots of set-in seams and also lots of seam ripping. There are even a few seams that didn’t have to be set-in but I only figured out after the fact that if I had sewn in a different order I would have made it easier on myself. Oh well!  I’m still pleased with the result (though there’s going to have to be some blocking after quilting because it’s not even close to square.

Authentic Self Top

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *