For this week’s Turn Back Thursday, I thought I would share the first of the bleeding heart flower photo projects I did. Before I had a second attempt at doing something with my bleeding heart photo that got chopped up and became the circles piece I posted on Tuesday, I used the photo as the basis for some thread painting experiments. Though I ultimately redid the binding on this one, I was really happy with this first attempt at thread painting. Thread painting was much easier than I expected and became a great addition to my quilting tool box. I’ve used it several times over the years, which just goes to show that you shouldn’t underestimate the value of play.